Sunday, April 14, 2013

What's for dinner: Stuffed Shells and Chicken.

OMG SO YUMMY!
This is definitely a house favorite. I found this recipe some where last year.

what you will need:
12 jumbo pasta shells
1 1/2 cups pasta sauce (tomato or alfredo)
2 large egg WHITES. lightly beaten.
1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
4 oz. chicken, cooked and cut up
2 tablespoons garlic powder
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup grated parm. cheese.


                                   
Cook shells in boiling water on stove. rinse with cold water and set aside. (try to get more in the pan, some may rip - I boiled 18 shells)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
lightly spray casserole pan. Spread 1/2 cup of pasta sauce on bottom.

For filling: Stir together egg whites, ricotta cheese, chicken, garlic powder. Stir in 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and parm cheese. fill each shell. Place shells in pan. Spread remaining sauce and cheese on top. 
with the mix I was able to get more than 12 shells filled.  YAY, left overs !! :) 
Bake for 30 minutes! 
I use chicken strips. I used 3 or 4 in the shell mix and I put bread crumbs on the rest and fry them before the shells are done. You can of course bake them instead. Our oven doesn't work so I use the toaster oven.  
DINNER IS DONE... :) 

This meal costs less than $20. Its easy to make and tastes very good. I keep on telling myself to get Alfredo sauce instead of tomato sauce, since I love Alfredo sauce, but I am the only one who does. 
If you make stuffed shells with Alfredo , let me know how it came out :) 

Until next time.... Happy Cooking !




No comments:

Post a Comment